1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 'Burb Dash Trim. Somebody Hep Me

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by cdvntx, Dec 7, 2008.

1. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

I am missing the piece shown by the arrows. You can see the brown glue residue from the old piece. I have searched many, many sites and none seem to offer this piece. Some of the kits have over 30 pieces, but not the one I need. Any suggestions?[​IMG]
  2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It looks to me as though that's aftermarket. I take it you bought the truck used? If you look around you can find complete new kids to re-do everything.
  3. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Yes, I bought it used and I'm sure it is an aftermarket accessory. All the kits I have seen on the net will cover just about everything but this particular piece, which I can't imagine, especially since one was there at one time.
  4. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

you can just sand it down and paint it
  5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Gave a quick look on eBay and found this. This one seems to have the piece you are looking for (piece #3). Perhaps this seller is able to get individual pieces.
  6. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Yeah, that's exactly what I have found from all the other dash kits. I assumed that it was all one piece that went around the air vents on each side of the dash cluster. Maybe piece 1 and 5 address that, but it shows the vents, not the surround. Piece 3 looks as it fits inside of what I'm looking for, I just don't know and can't find an actual photo of the trim kit installed. Thanks for looking, I appreciate it very much.
    [​IMG]
  7. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

also, if you wanna go a cheaper routr and go back to an original look, try goo-gone. that stuff will take off anything just about. wd-40 also works well on things like that but the goo gone has a nice citrus smell
  9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Chevy Wood Dash Kits

Huh, those wood dash kits look pretty sharp actually.