1999 'Burb Dash Trim. Somebody Hep Me

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by cdvntx, Dec 7, 2008.

1. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

I am missing the piece shown by the arrows. You can see the brown glue residue from the old piece. I have searched many, many sites and none seem to offer this piece. Some of the kits have over 30 pieces, but not the one I need. Any suggestions?[​IMG]

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

It looks to me as though that's aftermarket. I take it you bought the truck used? If you look around you can find complete new kids to re-do everything.

3. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Yes, I bought it used and I'm sure it is an aftermarket accessory. All the kits I have seen on the net will cover just about everything but this particular piece, which I can't imagine, especially since one was there at one time.

4. raisor87

raisor87 Rockstar 100 Posts

you can just sand it down and paint it

5. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Gave a quick look on eBay and found this. This one seems to have the piece you are looking for (piece #3). Perhaps this seller is able to get individual pieces.

6. cdvntx

cdvntx Rockstar

Yeah, that's exactly what I have found from all the other dash kits. I assumed that it was all one piece that went around the air vents on each side of the dash cluster. Maybe piece 1 and 5 address that, but it shows the vents, not the surround. Piece 3 looks as it fits inside of what I'm looking for, I just don't know and can't find an actual photo of the trim kit installed. Thanks for looking, I appreciate it very much.
    [​IMG]

7. StillMatic

StillMatic Rockstar 100 Posts

8. cascott325

cascott325 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

also, if you wanna go a cheaper routr and go back to an original look, try goo-gone. that stuff will take off anything just about. wd-40 also works well on things like that but the goo gone has a nice citrus smell

9. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Chevy Wood Dash Kits

Huh, those wood dash kits look pretty sharp actually.