1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 C3500 Want to convert Bench Seat to Bucket Seats

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by 99C3500, Mar 24, 2013.

1. 99C3500

99C3500 New Member

I have a 1999 C3500 and I want to ditch the OEM Bench seat and Install nice bucket seats and a center console. Does anyone know if there are seats that I can bolt directly in to it for that year, make and model? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

2. The Heater

The Heater Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I replaced the stock bucket seats in my '94 extended cab truck with leather electric + heated Recaro seats. How much are you willing to spend for "nice" seats? The ones I bought are probably running close to $2,000 per seat now. But they are worth every penny. I have installed Recaro seats in one other vehicle (83 Nissan 280 ZX). I have factory installed 10 way Recaros in my 88 M6. Real good for your back and bottom end, and they make long drives pleasurable.

Recaro contracts out to a third party in CA to manufacture the brackets that adapt the seat to your particular vehicle. You would have to contact an authorized distributor and see if they make the steel brackets for your seats. Then pick out a seat!

Here is the web address for Recaro North America. This page lists distributors. Don't quote me on that pricing stated above, I don't want to scare you away, but the ones I bought with the options I ordered were about $1500 each and that was about 10 years ago.

http://www.manta.com/c/mmnfvrp/recaro-north-america-inc