Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 Chevy Silverado Radio Code

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by chrissymouse, Mar 8, 2010.

1. chrissymouse

chrissymouse New Member

I've just had my truck repaired (to the tune of $1,200). The battery had to be disconnected and now theradio won't work. In order to get the code required to get the radio to work I've been asked by the Chevy dealer to give them $45. I am not about to do that, but as I bought the truck used about 5 years ago, I never did have the original code. Even Chevrolet wasn't any help on the phone. Does anyone have the code I need for this make and year? Thank you.

2. Gambit

Gambit Rockstar 100 Posts

sorry man it doesnt go by make and year it goes by VIN. you have to get it from Chevy but you shouldnt have to pay for it. You should be able to call any Chevrolet dealer with your VIN number and they can give you the code.

3. mmorgan1865

mmorgan1865 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

I'm with Gambit. Try another dealer.

4. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts