1999 Chevy Suburban exhaust?

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by waffle, Oct 4, 2011.

1. waffle

waffle New Member

I have a 1999 suburban k1500 and want to put some decent exhaust on it. Currently i have a dual in single out cherrybomb vortex on it and i don't think its loud enough. I have to get the cats on too sadly.. But whats a good choice i was either thinking dual glasspacks or 2 flowmaster 40 or 44 series. If you have any other suggestions thanks!

2. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the club. I'd go with the Flowmaster 44's.

3. waffle

waffle New Member

Ha thanks yeah i wasn't to sure on what i wanted for sound but the vortex aint cutting it. I just need it louder and I'm leaning more towards the flowmaster super 44s

4. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Loud = ticket.:lol:

5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2....on going with Flowmaster!!

6. waffle

waffle New Member

Ha I'm sure with the flowmasters it will be a little bit more calming than dual glasspacks?
    Now how much would it cost for a shop to bend some pipes that would run out on both sides of the receiver for the hitch?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  7. Wags

Wags New Member

Ok guy's I'm new to the site and am looking to replace theentire exhaust system to what I call a "TRUE DUAL" system. Headersthen run no cats and go thru a good quality set of mufflers to keep it quiet.

Anyone ever do this or know anyone in the Chicago land areawho I can go to talk it thru and get it installed? I really only see one bigissue other than the noise levels and that is the O2 sensors, what do I do withthem??

I fully plan on installing a cold air intake, either a chipor get the ECM reprogrammed or better yet find an ECM programmer that can bemounted on the dash so I can choose what I want for the conditions I might comeacross???

Any help, input would be great!

Thanks,
    Wags

- - - Updated - - -

Ok guy's I'm new to the site and am looking to replace the entire exhaust system to what I call a "TRUE DUAL" system. Headers, then run no cats and go thru a good quality set of mufflers to keep it quiet.

Anyone ever do this or know anyone in the Chicago land area who I can go to to talk it thru and get it installed? I really only see one big issue other than the noise levels and that is the O2 sensors, what do I do with them??

I fully plan on installing a cold air intake, either a chipor get the ECM reprogrammed or better yet find an ECM programmer that can bemounted on the dash so I can choose what I want for the conditions I might comeacross???

I almost forgot my rig is a 1999 K2500 8600gvw Suburban with a 7.4L 454 and 4:10 in the front and 4:56 in the rear.

Any help, input would be great!

Thanks,
    Wags

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry about the double post guy's,

8. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

I've got a 98 and ran true duals through glasspacks and it sounds pretty decent. Not overly loud but it's got a nice rumble to it. I still have the cats (just had to put new ones recently). However, I am looking at having the glass packs cut out and straight piping it from the post cats back... I have a youtube video of my exhaust somewhere. I'll have to look for it and if i find it I'll post it so you can listen. Greg

Update: Found the link (below). This video is a few years old and the exhaust actually is louder and deeper now. Sounds much better overall. If I get a minute I'll take a new video and upload it. Oh, and the "ow" about halfway through is my son holding the camera. Some crud shot out of the exhaust and smacked his arm :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quWNDoh9zX4

Last edited: Jul 18, 2013
  9. AnCap

AnCap New Member

I have flowmaster 40 series on my yukon and loved them.I am going with the 10 series on my suburban come February.

10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I put high flow magnaflow cats and thrush welded 2 1/2" mufflers on my wife's 99 Tahoe from the headers back. LOUD AS HELL! With a nice deep tone. Not all crackly as sh!t like glass packs