Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 GMC Envoy problems with acceleration

Discussion in 'Chevy Blazer Forum (GMC Jimmy)' started by lars1234, Mar 3, 2014.

1. lars1234

lars1234 New Member

Hi guys,

I bought a 1999 GMC Envoy (same car as the Jimmy just with different features), 4,3l V6 automatic, a few months ago and since a few days I am having massive problems with the acceleration. When I start the car in the morning (it is between -20 and -30°C) it starts and drives normally at first. When I drive to work (I work for a ski hill so I drive uphill), as soon as I am going uphill it feels like the car is loosing power and I have to drive with around 40 or 50kmh. From that point on the car does not really want to speed up anymore and I have to drive it in manual so that it doesnt stall. Especially when I try to shift from 2nd to 3rd gear you can see the rpm drop below 1000 and the car dies. Anither thing I noticed is that when I press the throttle all the way, nothing happens.

Now comes the (for me at least) interesting part. When I take the car home (its been standing for 8h hours then), it drives without any issues except for the part with the full throttle. It doesnt stall it shifts properly even uphill (except on one very long, steep hill).

If one of you could give me some tips on what it could be or what I can try before taking it to a garage that would be awesome!

Cheers,

Lars

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014