Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 gmc suburban - Runs rough and hard to get going

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by JeffPlumer, Jul 2, 2013.

1. JeffPlumer

JeffPlumer New Member

Bought a burb, we have had it about 4 months, its having problems. It acts like it gets no gas sometimes and has a hard time getting going and runs rough. Replaced fuel filter and ignition module. Still acting up. Any ideas???

Thanks,
    Jeff
  2. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the club, it's great to have you aboard. I would replace the plugs and wires and see how that does. Good luck man. :glasses:
  3. 09mgray

09mgray Member 1 Year

Welcome to the Club
  4. Family Force 6

Family Force 6 Rockstar 100 Posts

Is the check engine light coming on? If so, go to the local auto parts store and get the codes pulled.
    How many miles on it?
    You can check plug wires by misting water at night in the engine compartment with it running and watch for any visible sparks (mis-fires). I'd do that before replacing. If replacing the plus make sure to use AC Delco.
    Bad O2 sensors (upstream) can wreak havoc.
    Keep us updated and welcome!
  5. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

do a vacuum leak check
    seafoam the intake
    clean the TBI
    upgrade the plugs, cap, rotor, and coil.

that will get you started
  6. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Welcome to the Club!!!

I moved your thread here and changed your title slightly to match your topic. This will help in getting you more responses opinions.