1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 k1500 ls tire no lift max tire size.....

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ultramegabob, Feb 17, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. ultramegabob

ultramegabob New Member

anyone know how large a tire you can put on a stock set of rims on a 1999 k1500, with stock suspension height? sombody told me you have to be careful because tire size can affect anti-lock brakes, also what do you do for the speedometer? i plan on buyin a second set of factory rims, and installing a set of taller more aggressive tires for winter, Im looking at a set of Maxxis buckshot mudders 265-75-16 or 285-75-16 if i could get away with it...:confused: . Any input?
  2. MrShorty

MrShorty Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I've got 265/75/16's on my '98 Suburban without any issues. From what I read in the owner's manual, I even believe they were optional from the dealership. It seems like I've heard you can get away with 285/75/16's, too, but I don't know that for sure.
  3. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

A good tire shop will let you know what size you can use without modification. My 06 2500HD is running one size bigger at 265 75R-16's with no mods. I think I can go 285's with trimming the spoiler a little. My speedo is off by 3mph between 50 -70mph. Actual speed is 3mph higher than indicated. MY buddy lifted his 05 2500HD and went bigger on his tires, but he invested in the hypertech programmer to correct the speedometer.