1999 S10 Xtreme

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Dec 30, 2013.

1. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

12/29/13 Picked up my new to me Xtreme. I've always wanted one ever since i got my first S10. Got it for a great deal and i'm very happy with it.

SPECS:
    Victory Red
    4.3 VIN W w/ 5 speed trans
    3rd door extended cab
    AC, P.Locks, P.Windows, P.Mirrors (heated as well)
    Hurst short throw shifter

PLANS:
    -Already fixed sagging door with new pins and bushing

-Fix misc. body work here and there. Couple dents to be taken out

-Take a look at the power mirror control. Works, but when it wants to. Might be just a loose connection or some corrosion.

-Get front Valance and pass. side front bed skirt piece.

-Coat the frame with fresh black paint

-Paint sway bars gloss red

-Calipers paint red

-Exhaust which i want either magnaflow or spintech. No flowmaster, way too many people have them. I don't want something that loud but something with a nice tone too it. Any opinions there welcomed to help me choose.

-Clear corners might be of interest

That's on the list for now. Gonna take my time with it. Can't do much now because it's winter. I would like to get the frame painted soon though if possible.

I have yet to give it a good wash which is bothering me but i want to get to that by this Sunday Along with transferring my wind visors for the windows from my other s10 to this one. Love those things. I want like to use my bed liner as well from the other truck too.

Interior is flawless. Doesn't even need to be vacuumed but i will anyway. Gonna wipe down the dash and stuff though for sure.

The tires will need replacing but i have spares in the basement for spring. I like the look of the xtreme wheels so i would like to get a lightly used set of tires for them. Not worried about that right now. I will wet sand the lips of the wheels and give it a nice polish shine. Not painting them. They are staying silver and polished.

Onto a few pics

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Nice where in NY are you?
  3. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Poughkeepsie area
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Cool be sure to get to Bear Mt in the summer time for the BIG Cruz nights on Wed's.. I get up about 2-3 times a year Huge show
  5. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

I'll have to check that out. Never knew there were shows there. Where are you from?
  6. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

I did live in Piermont NY now in Bergen county NJ slp.jpg bobsride.jpg oldlambo.jpg Photo-0211.jpg Here are some pics from past years up there..
  7. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Oh wow that's a good show. Depending how far it is I might check it out
  8. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

On my way to work this morning the "Service Engine Soon" light popped on. Just my luck since i gotta get it inspected either tomorrow or Friday.

Got home and threw the tester on it and code came up that the "O2 Sensor: Bank 1 Sensor 3" was bad. Took a look at it and no wires were burned up. Was fully plugged in. So i took it out and got a new one.

Here's the old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new:

[​IMG]

Put in:

[​IMG]

Then I was taking a look at the wheels. This one i just took a rag to and gave the lip a quick wipe to see how they looked clean. They definitely need some wet sanding so i want to get the lip wet sanded on all four to polish them and Leave the centers silver. They need tires bad though so i might find some nice used ones or whatever.

[​IMG]

And a random shot from this morning while it was warming up.

[​IMG]

Gonna find that side skirt piece somewhere. Found one on ebay for 90 bucks and it's already red but i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it yet or try to find something local.

I might pick up some of that sea foam stuff this week. I heard it's great for getting all that carbon build up out of the motor and gets it real clean. I've read a lot about it because it seemed kind of iffy to me at first but i guess a lot of people use it. Would love to get all that build up out and get it running even better and cleaner.
  9. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Truck is running good and I noticed it doesn't have a lingering idle as much, if any when cold. Probably due to the new o2 sensor.
    Got a good amount of snow last night and all I gotta say about this driving in the snow is BAD. I don't mind it too much if I don't gotta get up any steep hills but it is definitely worse than my other s10. Mostly because of the wider tires this one has. It'll do though lol
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator

Walmart Seafoam $7.98 a can Good deal..
  11. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Magnaflows will be just as loud as any other welded/chamber muffler (Flowmaster). If you just want that sound, do a single in dual out muffler. Not as loud, and has the same sound as a flow
  12. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

I've been thinking about going with the magnaflow. I definitely want a little sound to it. Do you know anyone that has had a spintech pro street muffler on a 4.3? It sounds good but really hard to tell how good on just videos
  13. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

no clue. I've never heard of spintech till now
  14. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Really? They have a pretty aggressive sound to it. Pro street series are the most aggressive of them.

- - - Updated - - -

Picked up some seafoam, brake fluid and some new wipers for the truck today.

Also got a bed cap. It was free and it's in very good condition and i was near where it was located today so i picked it up. Gonna see how it looks on there. Would be great to have during the winter to keep stuff protected in the bed. Gonna fit it tomorrow and see how it looks.
    It's black, tinted windows that slide open and the back opens as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Got the bed liner in today and it looks much better. Still has some snow in it from sitting outside with the other truck but i cleaned the bottom side and in the bed really well before i put it in.

before:

[​IMG]

after:

[​IMG]

Then i did the sea foam as well. Got some smoke a little bit for the first couple minutes but it cleared up pretty quick. Put a little in the oil, a little in the brake booster vac. line and then the rest in the gas tank. Gonna change the oil soon after it runs through good. Probably next weekend.

I didn't get to put on the bed cap today to see how it looked. Might tomorrow if i have time.

Here's a pic from the ad. It's really in great condition so i hope it looks okay on there. Would be great to have during the winter to keep snow out of the bed.

[​IMG]
  15. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Really really..
  16. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Lol. I'm most likely not using it at all. I wasn't even looking for a cap. Not really into them. The only reason I got it is because the person actually contacted me because they saw I was selling my other truck so they figures I might want a cap. It was free and I was going right by where they lived that afternoon.

But I have a plan. Sell it and use that money to get my two body kit pieces I'm missing. Which was my first thought when she called. Even if I didn't like it and it was nice enough to sell I'd take it and use the money to complete to body kit on my truck.

So hopefully ill be having an update soon of a new front valance and side skirt
  17. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Lol I said really really because you responded "really?" To me never heard of spuintech
  18. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Oh, ok haha. I thought u were talking about the cap I got like it wad not good at all ha.

Anyway, that's my plan as of right now. I found a front valance on eBay for 160 something and free shipping. Before I buy anything new tho I'm Gonna see if any junk yards have any xtremes and Maybe get the parts I need off of that if in good condition.
  19. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member

Good luck. I've never seen any in the salvage.
  20. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member

Yea me either, but it's worth a phone call just to see. If not i'll just get a new one which i've found a few. I'll have to see how much it would be to get it painted. I would paint it but i don't have a gun and it's Urethane and i'm not 100% sure the steps taken on that versus painting lets say a fender. Different material would probably need a special paint to adhere. My uncle is a car painter so maybe so i'd have him do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Got some stuff done on the truck today. Gave it a good wash finally which made it look so much better. Tons of sand and crap all over underneath and stuck around the emblems. Blasted all that out. Didn't polish and wax it yet. That will come in the spring.

Then i changed the oil and plugs. Oil was real dirty especially since i did the seafoam. Got some Mobil 5000 to put in it and a new oil filter.

The plugs were needing a fresh change. Whoever did the last tuneup put some pretty good plugs in. They were the Bosch Platinums...until i got to the one behind the steering shaft. Pulled it out and it was different. It was an AC Delco, possibly original? Definitely looked real old. I put it some NGK V-Power plugs which i gapped to .060" which was labeled in the engine bay.

Was checking out around the engine bay a little now that i had the chance and weather to. I remembered these years had that dumb thing on the throttle plate so i had a look and as expected it had one. So that's a mod i'm doing when spring comes.

Took some pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Plugs:

[​IMG]

The Bosch platinums that were in there before:

[​IMG]

This is the AC Delco one that was behind the steering shaft:

[​IMG]

Random pic i took. I noticed today that it has a black mesh grill on it too which i'm not sure if it's aftermarket or it came like that? Anyone knows that would be cool.

[​IMG]

Yea i know some pics are fuzzy. It was cloudy out today so it wasn't focusing good.

If anyone has ideas that i should do to the truck then mention it