1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 S10 Xtreme

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Dec 30, 2013.

1. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

12/29/13 Picked up my new to me Xtreme. I've always wanted one ever since i got my first S10. Got it for a great deal and i'm very happy with it.

SPECS:
    Victory Red
    4.3 VIN W w/ 5 speed trans
    3rd door extended cab
    AC, P.Locks, P.Windows, P.Mirrors (heated as well)
    Hurst short throw shifter

PLANS:
    -Already fixed sagging door with new pins and bushing

-Fix misc. body work here and there. Couple dents to be taken out

-Take a look at the power mirror control. Works, but when it wants to. Might be just a loose connection or some corrosion.

-Get front Valance and pass. side front bed skirt piece.

-Coat the frame with fresh black paint

-Paint sway bars gloss red

-Calipers paint red

-Exhaust which i want either magnaflow or spintech. No flowmaster, way too many people have them. I don't want something that loud but something with a nice tone too it. Any opinions there welcomed to help me choose.

-Clear corners might be of interest

That's on the list for now. Gonna take my time with it. Can't do much now because it's winter. I would like to get the frame painted soon though if possible.

I have yet to give it a good wash which is bothering me but i want to get to that by this Sunday Along with transferring my wind visors for the windows from my other s10 to this one. Love those things. I want like to use my bed liner as well from the other truck too.

Interior is flawless. Doesn't even need to be vacuumed but i will anyway. Gonna wipe down the dash and stuff though for sure.

The tires will need replacing but i have spares in the basement for spring. I like the look of the xtreme wheels so i would like to get a lightly used set of tires for them. Not worried about that right now. I will wet sand the lips of the wheels and give it a nice polish shine. Not painting them. They are staying silver and polished.

Onto a few pics

- - - Updated - - -

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

ChevyFan likes this.
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Nice where in NY are you?

3. 95_5spd

Poughkeepsie area

4. Enkeiavalanche

Cool be sure to get to Bear Mt in the summer time for the BIG Cruz nights on Wed's.. I get up about 2-3 times a year Huge show

5. 95_5spd

I'll have to check that out. Never knew there were shows there. Where are you from?

6. Enkeiavalanche

I did live in Piermont NY now in Bergen county NJ slp.jpg bobsride.jpg oldlambo.jpg Photo-0211.jpg Here are some pics from past years up there..

ChevyFan likes this.
  7. 95_5spd

Oh wow that's a good show. Depending how far it is I might check it out

8. 95_5spd

On my way to work this morning the "Service Engine Soon" light popped on. Just my luck since i gotta get it inspected either tomorrow or Friday.

Got home and threw the tester on it and code came up that the "O2 Sensor: Bank 1 Sensor 3" was bad. Took a look at it and no wires were burned up. Was fully plugged in. So i took it out and got a new one.

Here's the old:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The new:

[​IMG]

Put in:

[​IMG]

Then I was taking a look at the wheels. This one i just took a rag to and gave the lip a quick wipe to see how they looked clean. They definitely need some wet sanding so i want to get the lip wet sanded on all four to polish them and Leave the centers silver. They need tires bad though so i might find some nice used ones or whatever.

[​IMG]

And a random shot from this morning while it was warming up.

[​IMG]

Gonna find that side skirt piece somewhere. Found one on ebay for 90 bucks and it's already red but i'm not sure if i'm gonna get it yet or try to find something local.

I might pick up some of that sea foam stuff this week. I heard it's great for getting all that carbon build up out of the motor and gets it real clean. I've read a lot about it because it seemed kind of iffy to me at first but i guess a lot of people use it. Would love to get all that build up out and get it running even better and cleaner.

9. 95_5spd

Truck is running good and I noticed it doesn't have a lingering idle as much, if any when cold. Probably due to the new o2 sensor.
    Got a good amount of snow last night and all I gotta say about this driving in the snow is BAD. I don't mind it too much if I don't gotta get up any steep hills but it is definitely worse than my other s10. Mostly because of the wider tires this one has. It'll do though lol

10. Enkeiavalanche

Walmart Seafoam $7.98 a can Good deal..