1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 S10 Xtreme

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Dec 30, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Awesome! Can't wait to see results
  2. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 1 Year 100 Posts

So i started with this:

[​IMG]

i was able to get behind it and bang it out as much as i could:

[​IMG]

The rest was in a tough spot so i had to pull it out:

[​IMG]

I got as much out as i could and stripped the paint in that whole area. Made sure it was totally clean:

[​IMG]

Bondo coats went on. i only wanted a thin coat:

[​IMG]

blocked it out:

[​IMG]

primer went on (1st coat):

[​IMG]

- - - Updated - - -

wet sanded the primer and color went on followed by clear:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

then there a paint chip on the lower driver side door so i fixed that as well:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It been about two days since i finished so wet sanding and buff is coming. I did paint my awful looking alternator today.

[​IMG]

more pictures will come once i get the paint all buffed.
  3. 95_5spd

Not much going on with the truck. I did put some new rubber spacers on the shifter so i don't hear the transmission so much. It has a hurst short throw on it so it's all metal. I just used some spare bike tube i had and it works great. The old rubber that was in there was pretty much non-existent.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm gonna be getting a new cap/rotor and plug wires soon as well. It has a hesitation on acceleration so i checked the contacts and they are all corroded. So i'm gonna get a cap with brass contacts instead. If the tune up doesn't fix it i'm gonna try some fuel treatment in case i have a clogged injector.
    BurbanMan likes this.
  4. 95_5spd

Cap, rotor and plug wires have been installed last weekend and it definitely runs much smoother now. I made sure i got brass contact type and good MSD wires. One of the old wires broke right at the boot on the spark plug end like it was held together by bbubble gum, so that was a clear sign of why i had the bad hesitation. Took longer to get them out of the clips that hold them away from the motor then it did to do the whole job but there is always something that you just have to shake your head at.

I am thinking about also changing the fuel filter before winter hits. Only thing i am afraid of is if the connections are even a little weather worn then that could cause a whole deal.

Check out the wire that was shot

CAM00960.jpg
  5. 95_5spd

Just ordered some new shocks for the rear. After some researching on different forums on what shocks were pretty good i went with Pro Comp Toxic shocks. I was gonna go with Belltech Nitro Drop 2's but i read a lot that they were pretty stiff. I will get new front ones next summer when i decide to lower it more. Planning on lowering it another 2" from where it sits now which should bring me pretty low. Hoping i don't have any rubbing problems near full lock since i already get a slight rubbing.

I also have a new IAC on the way as well which should hopefully fix my high idle problem. I will take the throttle body off and clean it really good when i install it. I can see its a bit dirty when i open the throttle and look in there so i sprayed some throttle body cleaner in it today. I could tell the difference in acceleration for sure so i'll make sure to clean it extra well.

Here is how my truck would sit with a 2" spindles/blocks. Looks awesome.

[​IMG]
  6. 95_5spd

Had a busy day today working on the truck. Ever since i got the truck the brakes were never like they should have been. The pedal sank almost to the floor before it had any pressure and the brake warning light was constantly on. I had tried bleeding them out with no success getting fluid to the rear. So i got a vacuum bleeder and went at it again and still nothing.
    Tried it at the master and got barely any fluid coming out of the rear line. So it was narrowed down to the master cylinder. Replaced it with a new one and fluid was now moving to the rear. Go to bleed them out and the line has a leak. Never knew that because the rear brakes never had fluid going to them. So i replaced the whole line from front to back with copper.
    Then while i was under replacing that i found the one of the fuel lines right at the connection point has a very very small leak. It doesn't drip but it is wet with fuel. Not sure how long it has been like that but that will get fixed. Corrosion KILLS everything. All the rest of the lines look like they are brand new but right around the fuel filter area they is a bit of corrosion. I'm gonna replace the filter while i'm at it.

My original plan for the weekend was to work on repainting the tailgate and door handles and bezels. What comes on there is the rough plastic look. The bezels are plastic and the handle is metal but they put a rough coating on it to match the plastic. Looks cheap and faded. I got around to doing the tailgate and will take pictures during the day. I am sanding them down smooth to get rid of that textured look so they have a nice flat surface. Tailgate came out great. Used gloss black and cleared it after. Makes a huge difference in detail.