1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 S10 Xtreme

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Dec 30, 2013.

1. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

What part on the throttle plate are you referring to?

Lol that was definitely an original plug!

2. 95_5spd

95_5spd Active Member 1 Year 100 Posts

If you look into the throttle body and move the plate to wot there is a little restriction deal attached to the bottom of the plate. You can cut that off and it lets more air buy. Better throttle response is a result really.
    Here's a link to one:

http://www.s-10crewcab.net/og1/modinfo/tbmod/tbmod.html

And that plug when I pulled it out I just say there looking at it laughing. Who would put like 6 dollar platinum plugs in and not change that one somehow lol

ChevyFan likes this.
  3. BurbanMan

oh ok. I've never had a v6 with fuel injection lol so i had never seen it

4. 95_5spd

Did a few things over the weekend.

Got my LED tails on. I wanted to tint them but i think i like them how they are. I wanna get clear front corners so they would match better.

[​IMG]

Then i took my center console out to check out the short throw shifter. Two of the bolts were loose that attach the arm so i fixed that and it shifts much tighter now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had to put my Z28 wheels on for now because the other tires are shot. I wanna get some winter tires on the Xtreme wheels. But i might just wait. I do wanna sell these z28 wheels and get some nice summer set of wheels. Would love to get 17's with nice wide tires like 245's all around. BBS styled wheel with the multi spoked design.

[​IMG]

Then i put fresh fluid in the clutch reservoir because it was super dirty and my clutch just doesn't feel like it's grabbing right. So i'm just gonna keep cycling fluid through till it clears up nice.

5. BurbanMan

I like the lights! Truck is coming together nicely bud!

6. 95_5spd

thanks, i still gotta get to the junk yards and look for those pieces i need. my cousin just went to a local one last week and told me there was two xtremes there but the fronts were smashed. side panels intact though. when the weather warms up a little i'm gonna check others out.

7. 95_5spd

I ended up giving the Xtreme wheels a polished lip. Shined up pretty good and made them look like new. The clear coat was shot. Worked my way from 220, 320, 400 and then 2000 grit. Didn't have any 800 or 1500 so I had to jump up to that fine of a grit. Would like to hit them with the 800 and 1500 grit eventually but they came out really good. I'll upload pictures later on.
    Got some great condition used tires on them too. Snow tires for the rear and all seasons for the front. 225/60 size. They work great in all this snow we just got here

8. 95_5spd

Here it is:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. BurbanMan

That looks real good!

10. 95_5spd

Luckily all the painted area in the center of the wheels are all still in great condition. Just gotta be cleaned up.

I would like to get some color on the wheels too. I was thinking the arrow design that is inlayed on the spokes of the wheel would look good in red. Just a small amount of color but it would be noticed.