1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 S10 Xtreme

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by 95_5spd, Dec 30, 2013.

1. MEP1

MEP1 New Member

Never use steel wool on an aluminum finish, unless you're a complete dumbass.

The "ridge things" are from when the wheel was turned.
  2. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

Steel wool won't hurt anything on them. I used it on my z28s

- - - Updated - - -

Did some more work on the second wheel this evening. Got the center stripped. Gonna do a little on each wheel each evening after work.
    Also been searching for part outs but no luck yet on finding any Victory Red S10's that are being parted out. I wanna get that front fender swapped out. Junkyard wants 75 bucks a fender which is a complete rip considering it's been sitting in a junk yard for who knows how long and i can get a brand new one for that price.

One thing i will dig into as soon as warmer weather comes is my steering. Betting the rag joint needs replacement since i have a good amount of slop. Will check the Idler Arm as well but it's not too likely that it is that. I wish it was but it feels much more like it would be the crap rag joints in these things. I want to get my steering as tight and responsive as possible.
  3. Gramps43

Gramps43 Member 1 Year

Do you have a Pick & Pull or similar close by, here on the left coast in the Portland, OR area a fender w/liner is $55.00 bucks $5.00 less w/o. It might be worth your while to broaden your search area you could run in to a burn'n deal.
  4. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

I called about 4 yards, one i believe which was a pick and pull style and they all wanted $75. To me, $40-$50 for a fender in mint condition with no rust or dents sounds about right. The prices in yards have went up a lot which is why i'm trying to find a part out or parts from a private seller.
  5. Gramps43

Gramps43 Member 1 Year

That wreaks, what neck of the woods are in?
  6. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

Poughkeepsie, NY

My cousin has a 99 s10. He needed one headlight and the yard wanted 75 bucks for that too. These places around here are ridiculous. I'm just gonna have to go down to one in person and take a look around.
  7. Gramps43

Gramps43 Member 1 Year

I reckon they feel they have market to them selves. The closest P&P to you is probably in MA and they are dirt cheap.
    Notice that price is with the headlight. If you can haggle one of them down tell him you'll put out the word to the guys in your area that he's a good guy to deal with.
    [TABLE="width: 100%"]
    [TR]
    [TD]110-1
    [/TD]
    [TD]Fender W/O Inner & Headlight
    [/TD]
    [TD]Car
    [/TD]
    [TD]$39.99
    [/TD]
    [TD]$4.99
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [TR]
    [TD]110-1P
    [/TD]
    [TD]Fender W/O Inner & Headlight
    [/TD]
    [TD]Pick-Up/Van
    [/TD]
    [TD]$49.99
    [/TD]
    [TD]$4.99
    [/TD]
    [/TR]
    [/TABLE]
  8. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

What place are those prices from?
  9. Gramps43

Gramps43 Member 1 Year

They are in Millis and Freetown, MA and Cumberland, RI. Like I said they are a quite a bit outside your area.
  10. 95_5spd

95_5spd Member 100 Posts

Yea that's too far for a fender ha. I'll keep searching. Im also hoping to find a red valance. I really want one back on but it's hard to find unless I just get one new and I'll have to get it painted. Id rather just find one from another truck with the same color and put it on. Quick and easy