Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 Savanna-31000 miles-worth $6000 [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by phoebeisis, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 210,000 Surban now-1998-runs good but I'm putting money in it lately-intake gaskets etc.

A local dealer has a 7 passenger Savanna-1500 I think with just 31000 miles on it.He want $6000.

The pictures look OK.
    WHAT do you think-worth a try?$6000 ABOUT RIGHT? It isn't a conversion van- 3 rows with the second being 2 capts chairs the3rd row is a 3 person seat.

I love my Suburban, but fewer miles is appealing.
    We drive 3000 miles roundtrip across Louisiana,TX,NM,AZ once a year.We also would use it to evacuate-New Orleans hurricanes- 2 dogs, 5 cats and 3 adult humans-so we occasionally need something BIG- like the Suburban OR THE BIG VAN.

Thanks
    Charlie

2. Dezzmo

Dezzmo Member

Hi Charlie,

I just checked KellyBlueBook on that Savana with a 5.0 motor and the retail is $6050, right about what he's asking. But what motor does the van have?

I had a 99 Express van and I got my money's worth. But after 130,000 miles I had to get rid of it because of rust underneath. The frame, brake lines and A/C lines were toast but the rest of the body was solid. I don't think all of them are like mine but take a good look underneath and make sure it's clean.

And with all your pets and family I would check to see if it has Rear A/C. You'll definitely need it down south.

If all these things check out ok I would really consider it, a low mileage vehicle is tough to pass up:great:

HTH
    Tim G.

3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

DEZZMO,
    THANKS- I'll check it today.
    Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.