1999 Savanna-31000 miles-worth $6000 [Expired Topic]

Discussion in 'Chevy Express Forum (GMC Savana)' started by phoebeisis, Jul 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I have a 210,000 Surban now-1998-runs good but I'm putting money in it lately-intake gaskets etc.

A local dealer has a 7 passenger Savanna-1500 I think with just 31000 miles on it.He want $6000.

The pictures look OK.
    WHAT do you think-worth a try?$6000 ABOUT RIGHT? It isn't a conversion van- 3 rows with the second being 2 capts chairs the3rd row is a 3 person seat.

I love my Suburban, but fewer miles is appealing.
    We drive 3000 miles roundtrip across Louisiana,TX,NM,AZ once a year.We also would use it to evacuate-New Orleans hurricanes- 2 dogs, 5 cats and 3 adult humans-so we occasionally need something BIG- like the Suburban OR THE BIG VAN.

Thanks
    Charlie

2. Dezzmo

Dezzmo Member

Hi Charlie,

I just checked KellyBlueBook on that Savana with a 5.0 motor and the retail is $6050, right about what he's asking. But what motor does the van have?

I had a 99 Express van and I got my money's worth. But after 130,000 miles I had to get rid of it because of rust underneath. The frame, brake lines and A/C lines were toast but the rest of the body was solid. I don't think all of them are like mine but take a good look underneath and make sure it's clean.

And with all your pets and family I would check to see if it has Rear A/C. You'll definitely need it down south.

If all these things check out ok I would really consider it, a low mileage vehicle is tough to pass up:great:

HTH
    Tim G.

3. phoebeisis

phoebeisis Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

DEZZMO,
    THANKS- I'll check it today.
    Charlie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.