1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 Silverado brake problems; brake booster? help..

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Nick_Escalante, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Nick_Escalante

Nick_Escalante New Member

Hi, I recently replaced 4 rotors / calipers / pads on my '99 silverado. I bled the system, but noticed that there was no pressure and the pedal was traveling to the floor with minimal braking. So we replaced the master cylinder, bench bleed it, and now have brakes. The old MC was original, 110,000 miles.

But here is the problem, we've bled the system multiple times, from MC, each wheel, and the pedal is still spongy. Also, the brake pedal seems to have developed a 'binding' noise coming from the brake booster when depressed.

Could the brake booster be failing and causing these problems? Or I've been reading that the rubber brake lines could be causing the problem.

I found this video on youtube. This is the EXACT same thing that is happening with my pedal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwVHP2WWPmw&feature=related

Any input would be appreciated. thank you.
    Last edited: Sep 7, 2011
  2. alberto3a

alberto3a New Member

My 99 suburban used to have this problem, then we noticed some leak around the hydrobooster with powersteering fluid, it turned out that the hydrobooster failed and we have to replace the hydrobooster since there was no way to repair it (according to my mechanic).