1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 Silverado, Ignition Cylinder stuck??

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by MDrumm03, May 5, 2011.

1. MDrumm03

MDrumm03 New Member

I am currently up at college right now and I borrowed my brothers truck for the last week. I was driving it this morning and when I went to shut it off after I returned home, my key turned all the way back into the ACC position and will not turn back forwards. Now, I can remove the key... I think maybe because it's slightly worn down?.. But I cannot get the cylinder to move back forwards.. My brother, nor I have ever had this problem before and I'm un-sure of why it just happened today.. I am done with school this friday and must leave saturday so hopefully I can get this fixed ASAP..

Just a side note: The vehicle is in park, I tried turning the steering wheel while I turn the key, pushing the brakes while I turn it, holding the shifter up, lubricating the cylinder, giving it a little tap with a hammer and I just went to the dealer and got another key... no luck with any of that..

Thanks A lot!!