1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 Suburban back glass lift supports

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Dixiechef, Mar 15, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Dixiechef

Dixiechef New Member

I am trying to find the AC Delco or GM part number for the back glass lift supports, my suburban has a glass that lifts up and a tailgate that drops down. I ordered two Monroe struts from Amazon that said they fit my vehicle, but they were twice the size I needed. I think they fit one where the whole back lifts up without a drop down tailgate. Can anyone help me with the numbers so I can order the correct lifts.
    Thanks,
    Dixiechef

2. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I am assuming that it is a new body style not the old style. If so then how about these numbers, 15029087for the left side and 15029088 for the right side. Those are the number s for a 2000 model. The site I looked on only went back to 2000. Go to www.GMpartsclub.com , type in your vin and you should be able to find the correct part for your 99(if the above numbers are not correct) Also,
    They are vendors that support this site.
    Here is gmpartsclub promo code : save25
    25% off shipping costs now through this spring and maybe the summer

3. Dixiechef

Dixiechef New Member

Thanks for the help! I will try the website tonight when I get home, Dixiechef

4. EzraBrooks

EzraBrooks New Member

Try rockauto.com. Find your vehicle and look until Body-Exterior, and then Lift Support.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Well being a 99 suburban owner like you, finding replacement parts especailly for the interior is getting harder, many arent even made/available fr0m GM anymore. Start with an auto body, they might be able to help, or start checking craigslist or pull your part junkyards for the parts. You can also go to monroes actual website and find more stuff for your correct vehicle. Many people selling car parts on amazon or ebay dont seem to realize the a 99 suburban/tahoe is not the same body style as a 99 silverado.