1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 suburban daytime running lights question

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ochs99, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ochs99

ochs99 New Member

I have a 99 suburban K1500 5.7, and am looking for some help with my daytime running lights. I went out the other day and upon turning on the truck noticed no auto daytime running lights. I have checked the fuse box on the side of the dash, the box under the hood and nothing seems to be blown. I have replaced the headlight relay under the dash with no results.
    If I manually turn the headlights on I have high beams, but no low beams. I have checked the actual bulbs on the low beams and they are fine.
    I was told that it could be the daytime running light module, and that it was located under the dash to the right of the steering column. I have ordered the part, looks like a oversized computer chip(which I guess thats what it is), but have yet to replace it

Any advice on replaceing the part, not even real sure how to go about it. Am I even looking in the right direction to solve this problem?

Any advice/help would be great.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

The daytime running lights may just come on when it's in Drive..... I know that's how they worked on my '04 I had...
  3. ochs99

ochs99 New Member

They always came on upon starting the truck, which leads me to believe it is a sensor or some such thing.
  4. Joeairforce

Joeairforce Epic Member 5+ Years 100 Posts

That's right......... I think you're on the right track with the module.... I think it should just unplug and plug in....
  5. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Module is $50. Maybe someone will chime in with way to test/troubleshoot the module.
    [​IMG]
  6. ochs99

ochs99 New Member

thats the part I got, and I think it should just be a simple plug in fix. just have to figure out how to get the unit out from under the dash enough to do the replacement.
  7. cyclrcr

cyclrcr New Member

I have the same problem with my '99, but my lights do come on when I turn them on.

Thanks for helping ochs99... now I will see where I can get that part cheap and fix mine
  8. lexisdad1201

lexisdad1201 New Member

Any update on this? I have the same issue but the wiring diagram points to either the relay or the turn stalk switch. Just curious.