1999 suburban daytime running lights question

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by ochs99, Mar 9, 2010.

1. ochs99

ochs99 New Member

I have a 99 suburban K1500 5.7, and am looking for some help with my daytime running lights. I went out the other day and upon turning on the truck noticed no auto daytime running lights. I have checked the fuse box on the side of the dash, the box under the hood and nothing seems to be blown. I have replaced the headlight relay under the dash with no results.
    If I manually turn the headlights on I have high beams, but no low beams. I have checked the actual bulbs on the low beams and they are fine.
    I was told that it could be the daytime running light module, and that it was located under the dash to the right of the steering column. I have ordered the part, looks like a oversized computer chip(which I guess thats what it is), but have yet to replace it

Any advice on replaceing the part, not even real sure how to go about it. Am I even looking in the right direction to solve this problem?

Any advice/help would be great.
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

The daytime running lights may just come on when it's in Drive..... I know that's how they worked on my '04 I had...
  3. ochs99

ochs99 New Member

They always came on upon starting the truck, which leads me to believe it is a sensor or some such thing.
  4. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

That's right......... I think you're on the right track with the module.... I think it should just unplug and plug in....
  5. unplugged

unplugged New Member

Module is $50. Maybe someone will chime in with way to test/troubleshoot the module.
    [​IMG]
  6. ochs99

ochs99 New Member

thats the part I got, and I think it should just be a simple plug in fix. just have to figure out how to get the unit out from under the dash enough to do the replacement.
  7. cyclrcr

cyclrcr New Member

I have the same problem with my '99, but my lights do come on when I turn them on.

Thanks for helping ochs99... now I will see where I can get that part cheap and fix mine
  8. lexisdad1201

lexisdad1201 New Member

Any update on this? I have the same issue but the wiring diagram points to either the relay or the turn stalk switch. Just curious.