1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 Suburban engine swap 454 to 350

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by capcan, Mar 8, 2009.

1. capcan

capcan New Member

Hi all, I need some info. I have a 1999 Chevy Suburban C2500 with a Vortec 454 and a 4L80E trans. I want to swap it for a SB 350 with as little pain and cost as possible, then I hope to sell the 454 to help offset the cost. Needless to say, I want to stay with fuel injection and keep the 4L80E transmission. Any advice, suggestions, and info anyone can give me would be very helpful.
  2. MWright936

MWright936 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! I'm sure someone here will be able to give some pointers.
  3. bry2500

bry2500 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site.

Just a question. Why are you going from BB to SB? And if you were to sell the motor how much you want for it?
  4. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

welcome to the site
  5. gimme_a_350

gimme_a_350 Member

he's probably going for fuel efficiency, but when I see people trading down a BBC for a 350, it makes me want to cry.
  6. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! G/L with the swap.
  7. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  8. capcan

capcan New Member

Nope, not for fuel reasons. My BB has 190,000 miles and is showing it's age. The exhaust studs are breaking off for no reason causing exhaust leaks and I have several oil weeping spots, so I have to pull the heads to fix the studs and while the heads are off, I know I'll go looking for more problems, and with this many miles, the problems won't be hard to find. The main reason I'm considering a SB is they are a dime a dozen and parts are cheap. I used to pull my 29' camper with my Yukon which had a SB and never had a power problem, so I know it has the guts to it in my suburban, plus I only tow a few times a year.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2009
  9. hillbillyjohn

hillbillyjohn New Member

1999 chevy 454

Are you interested in selling this motor? I bought a 1999 chevy and need a 454 motor.

10. ippielb

ippielb Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! I wish people here would do that! I would love to have a 454 for a project truck.