1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 suburban heat/ac control issues

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by parkersnine, Jul 22, 2010.

1. parkersnine

parkersnine New Member

The heat/AC control on my 1999 Suburban will not operate correctly. It works at times only on high but does not push the air out up front like the rear air does. At times it(the fan) will stop completely . At random it will come on again. For awhile if you pushed the switch up or down or contorted it the(fan) would come on. That no longer helps.
    Is their a way of cleaning the contacts inside the switch unit or is it toast?
  2. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts

Unit is toast if it is the unit. You might also have an overheating blower motor resistor. Also you might have a bad actuator on the HVAC.
  3. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

Parkersnine, I just finished a huge post for this particular application. LOL...let me get you the link.

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Have a look at this post. I hope this helps explain what is wrong with the controller.
  4. parkersnine

parkersnine New Member

1999 Suburban ac/heater control issues

Springthing thanks! I am wondering if you have the correct part number and GM part name. If not its not that big a deal.
  5. Springthing

Springthing New Member 1000 Posts

I certainly do....

part #16192099 For part name all I have is "switch as"

Hope this helps!