1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1999 Suburban Running Lights

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by hac20853, Apr 5, 2008.

1. hac20853

hac20853 New Member

Both Running lights on my 1999 Suburban are not coming on. The light on the dash which indicates that they should be on is working (goes off with the emergency brake depressed and comes on when the emergency break is released) Does any one know how to diagnose the problem. Both High and Low beams are working fine.
  2. hac20853

hac20853 New Member

3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

From looking at the wireing schematic the DRL system is parallel to the headlight system, the difference is the switch at the parking brake and the dash light. It has it's own relay and fuse.
    How did you check the relay?
    If the relay is working then it has to be a grounding problem at the light. This is the only item downstream of the light that will stop it from working.
  4. hac20853

hac20853 New Member

Thank you for the response. I did not measure the relay with volt/ohm meter. I only felt it clicking when I depressed and released the emergency brake. Could you please tell me where each of the 5 terminals on the relay are wired to?
  5. GaryL

GaryL New Member ROTM Winner Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Check the fuse for the DRL's. When it is removed, the DRL's don't come on, but the indicator on the dash does.
  6. hac20853

hac20853 New Member

Fuse is good.