Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999 Suburban Steering Clunk

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by alkmisc, Feb 9, 2010.

1. alkmisc

alkmisc New Member

I have a 1999 Suburban K1500 that has developed clunk in the steering, particularly when making sharp turns like in a parking lot. It sounds a just like the description of the intermediate shaft problems in the newer trucks. However the '99 is the old body style so I was wondering if that is a common problem as well in those trucks. The threads tend to focus on the NBS trucks.

I also noticed that the aftermarket part for the intermediate shaft for the '99 Suburban is listed as compatible with (same as) the ones for the NBS trucks on a couple of on-line vendors so I wonder if they really are the same (which may explain the same symptoms).

2. Gmcsuvguy

Gmcsuvguy Rockstar 100 Posts

I believe that your truck requires the updated intermediate shaft also. If you take your vin into your local GM store and ask them to check the bulliten it will probably apply to it. Its been a couple years since I worked in the dealership so the memory isn't as good as it was.

3. alkmisc

alkmisc New Member

Dealer says that there's nothing listed for that year. I may try to grease fitting fix when it gets a bit warmer out, though.