Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

1999SuburbanLT WIPERs

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by WhiteSub, Jun 4, 2009.

1. WhiteSub

WhiteSub New Member

Hello all! My 1999 Suburban LT wipers used to work intermittantly and now have stopped completely.
    When the switch is turned on there is a buzzing sound but no wiper movement. I think it is the wiper control module. If you have an ideas I sure can use em. Where is the wiper control module located?
    I'm okay until the drought ends.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2009
  2. SuburbanSS

SuburbanSS Member

Sounds like the wiper motor may have **** the bed, and concluding on their on/off functioning I would take a look at that first.

Check fuses on the inside of the dash when the driver side door is open, and check the fuse compartment under the hood for any blown fuses/relays, if that doesn't do the trick try getting a motor from the junkyard and see if that works.

Good luck.

3. firstkaw

firstkaw New Member

348761.jpg
    module is located on the motor and is usually the culprit.

4. dm6

dm6 New Member

I had the same problem with my 98 suburban and it was the wiper pulse module. It cost about $20-$30 depends where you go....

5. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I think there was a recall/update on the control boards - it's been awhile.
    GM replaced the one in my 98 Sierra. Try the dealer, if they're still open.

Good luck,

6. Craig789

Craig789 New Member

Yes download recall info if applicable to your year and bring it with you. On my 95 the dealer changed the control board for free, but I had to tell him that I knew about the recall. Otherwise he was planning to charge me. Don't know if the recall extends to your year.