1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

1st round of mods

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by flyin6, Sep 11, 2008.

1. flyin6

flyin6 New Member

When back home on break from Afghanistan, I purchased a new Denali. It's a great truck to drive, but I can't stand that nose low low to the road look.
    I'llbe back in less than two months and am planning my first round of mods for it.

I think I'll keep it simple:

1. Get the bed coated
    2. Install the R.C 3" lift with the replacement upper control arms
    3. wheels and tires
    and possibly...

For wheels and tires, I think I'll either go with 18" of perhaps backward to 17's (tires are just cheaper!)
    Q: Assuming a 3" lift, can I get away with a 33" or do I need to stay with a 32" diameter tire?
    Q: What trimming is required to fit the 33" with no fitment or rubbing issues?
    Q: What offset (Back space) wheel is perferred: 4.5"?? 5"??

Another issue I want to address is (as always) the exhaust. My Denali has the 6.2L 403Horse engine and the piping is 3.5". The aftermarket kits all seem to have the smaller 3" diameter piping which should hurt flow in lieu of increasing it. THose kits are no doubt made for the 4.8. 5.3, and 6.0 L engines...

Finally, I think I'll get a programer. I don't see one that addresses shift points, firmness, RPM and so forth for the 6-speed Denali/ Escalade products.

Ideas/ thoughts??