1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 1/2" Header Back Exhaust?

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Accessories' started by cal30_sniper, Oct 16, 2009.

1. cal30_sniper

cal30_sniper New Member

Hello All,

Does anyone have any idea where I could find a 2 1/2" Header Back dual exhaust kit for a 1973-1991 2wd Suburban? I see a lot of 2 1/4" kits out there, but no 2 1/2". I was hoping for a true deal header back kit to help my TBI breathe a little better, and the old pipe fell off behind the muffler, so now's the time to get it done. I don't have to worry about the emissions police where I live, I just need a good exhaust system that sounds and breathes well.

Thanks for the help. Sorry, I'd spend the time to search, but I just got PRK eye surgery and that's not really an option right now, haha. Trying to get this done before the cold weather sets in...

Muchos Gracias,

-Levi
  2. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

There may not be one because 2 1/2 could be just too big of pipe, having too big can actually hurt performance, and they may have tested this so they didnt make it. If you really want the bigger pipes, you may be better off going to a good exhaust shop.