1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 10" Kicker L7's in a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado Crew... CAN IT BE DONE?

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by SavageMAC14, Apr 13, 2011.

1. SavageMAC14

SavageMAC14 New Member

How's it going? Just joined. All the great information made me do it. Thing is I had an Acura Legend with 2 10" Kicker L7's. Sold the car and kept the subs. I'm buying a 2009 Silverado Crew Cab in a couple weeks and was wondering if it was possible for these to fit? Love my kickers and wouldn't want to see them just sitting around and I think it'd be bad ass to install them in the '09. Has anyone done this? Is there a sub box out there for these to fit under the seat or would i have to remove the rear seat? Or what are the specs for a box to fit under there? Thanks in advance!
  2. jbjohnson92f

jbjohnson92f New Member

i know its possible, i have seen it done. ive seen a forward facing box that 2 10" l7's, as well as a downfiring box, sorry i dont have pics, but those subs are gonna hit hard
  3. SavageMAC14

SavageMAC14 New Member

Thanks man. I know it can be done. I guess I just need to figure out the specs. You wouldn't know?

Also, if they fit, I was just gonna go with 2 of seperate ones. They are 17x16x11-3/4. That way they'd go under each seat and the amp can be mounted in the middle
  4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator 1000 Posts

I would build a custom center consol in the middle of the front seats. Face the subs down with a port facing the front.. And maybe some Glass on top..
  5. clgoch187

clgoch187 New Member

6. SavageMAC14

SavageMAC14 New Member

7. Enkeiavalanche

Is that box going to fit under the rear seat?????
  8. sstoner911

sstoner911 New Member 1000 Posts

I think that box is to tall ..... that truck from youtube is a 2005 and the space under the seats looks different than your 2009. If they do fit it, but it wont sound nearly as good as they did in your car most likely with that setup. The closer you can get to 2.25 cubic ft of air space for those subs the better they will sound.
  9. SavageMAC14

SavageMAC14 New Member

So right now it's looking like I have to remove the rear seats or get an SUV if I don't wanna hassle? Crap. I'd much rather sell the set up than not get silverado...
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Custom down firing Sub box between the front seats will work and sound great....