1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2/4 drop and wheel/tire size question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Hawkeye24, May 31, 2011.

1. Hawkeye24

Hawkeye24 New Member

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2/4 drop for my 05 1500 and was wondering if I'd run into any clearance issues if I run 22's with it. I've seen what an 05 with 20's looks like and I just don't think it looks like there is enough wheel there for me.

Also, if anybody could post a pic of 05 or so with 22" Boss 307's, I'd appreciate it.

24's out.
  2. BigRedMoose

BigRedMoose New Member

I am on a factory front end ride atm and my 20's are rubbing (275/55r20). I'm going to try and figure out what I can do to stop this because I would like my front to be down about 2".
  3. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC New Member 1000 Posts

4. Hawkeye24

Hawkeye24 New Member

Are those 22's or 20's? Profile info says 20's.
  5. Cheez

Cheez Member

I'm running stock silverado 20's on my 04 silverado with a 2" shackle drop. They rub a little if I turn my wheel all the way. It's really not enough for me to worry with so I haven't messed with it.
    [​IMG]
  6. adam0285

adam0285 New Member

I've got an 07 with a 2/4 drop running 22's with 305/40R22. I only rub if I turn the wheel all the way. I could have probably gone with a little skinnier tire and been fine, but I like the way the wheel/tire combo sits.