Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2-4 drop kit, regular cab silverado questions??

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 5.3silverado, Mar 7, 2011.

1. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

im looking into doing a 2-4 drop on my 05 regular cab silverado, i was wondering since i have 22's 305/40/R22 do i have to reduce tire size or anything at all? or do i just get the kit installed and ill be good. .ANy Help will be appreciated. . thanks alot. .

2. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I think for a 2-4 drop, your only real concern should be the offset of your wheels. As long as your wheel/tire assembly is still far enough inside your fenders that it won't rub against the fender should the suspension move that far, you should be ok. Being that your tire is fairly tall, you might have to watch for rubbing in the front, but I would think you would be fine because my winter tires have the exact same height and I am familiar with the clearance. Again, this is all going to come down to the offset of your wheels though. As long as your width and offset don't cause problems, you should be fine.

3. HawaiiKid

HawaiiKid Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

What kind of 2/4 are you looking at? Keys up front and shackles/hangers in the back, or drop spindle in the front? If you are using keys you can always just crank them back up a little, and you should be fine in the back-4 inches of drop in the back may require some shims to make the driveshaft line up correctly, but it depends on your truck.

4. 5.3silverado

5.3silverado Rockstar

Thanks For All Your Guy's Help, Issue Resolved All Is Good Now. . Good Looking Out Fellow Member's.

5. 00chevy53

00chevy53 Rockstar 100 Posts

truck looks good man.... i like the rear spoiler not too many people go with one. do you notice any difference runing the highway as far as down force goes?