1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2-Inch Rough Country Leveling Kit ~ 2008 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by kgauck, Jul 24, 2013.

1. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You USE your truck and ITS leveled?? Unreal...don't believe. How often you replacing BJ's and how badly cupped are your tires, Chevyboy?

By the way I ran a level kit for 60,000+ miles and going on 35,000 with lift and small level with zero suspension issues and even wearing mud tires.
  2. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

My BJ's are just fine and ive got no cupping on my tires!...shes rides smooth!...they gave me a print out of my alignment after i got the leveling kit put on and to be honest,it really didnt change that much
  3. kgauck

kgauck New Member

My BJ's are all jacked up though I've had the leveling kit on for about 20k and I did get an allignment the day i put the kit on. believe it or not they asked me why I brought it in for one cause i didn't need it. However my driver side upper ball joint went bad about a week after i put the kit on. I bout the assembly from the parts stor and replaced both sides. but my left on has still been popping and i keep putting grease in the boot :/ the control arm and bj have a life time warranty so i'm going to take the driver side back and put a new one on. but What I got fro this argument is that it might be caused but the kit?:gasp:
  4. silverhobey

silverhobey Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

agree...if people don't want opinions, don't read them !!!have a Grand Day...Brian from Canada
  5. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

So the 2" leveling kit transformed your truck from average to "looker"?
  6. kgauck

kgauck New Member

Hi how ya guys doing? Remember me? Yeah I joined this forum to get answers to questions I had and to hopfully help other people with questions they might, not to debate with other people about who cares about their trucks more. I do appreciate the opinions, however you guys are acting like children. :sign0017:
  7. ChevyBoy2009

ChevyBoy2009 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

My opinion is that the kit DID NOT cause your issues...you might have had an issue before and ths brought it out!...with this kit you have to take some stuff aprt to put it on...maybe you/they didnt put it back together properly??...and now your seeing signs of that issue

Im not trying to start an arguement here...so am tired of people telling me that leveling kits are terrible!!! And yes now my truck dont look like every stock truck running down the road. So yes its more of a "looker" i think. The pic i have for my avator is when i first got it,ill change it now so you can look at the change

- - - Updated - - -

see the difference now??????

Random pics 033.jpg Family 154.jpg
  8. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

All I see is some busted bj's.

I am guessing this dude is giving opinions on something he has never done. Maybe the saying; dont knock it till you try it applys?
  9. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I leveled my truck over a year ago. I have had zero issues.

Alex
  10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

How goes this investigation to determine the issues you're having?

- - - Updated - - -

I've said it before and will say it again and others have said it with me, it's your truck and do with it what you want. Some aftermarket products deliver as advertised, and some do not. Do your research and take other people's input ... but in the end you have to live with it.