1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2 questions ~ 1997 K1500 4X4 Z71

Discussion in 'Chevy C/K Truck Forum' started by packerhead78, Aug 11, 2013.

1. packerhead78

packerhead78 New Member

I have a 97 k1500 4x4 Z71 regency addition. I wanna put new oil in the differential, front & back. I know the weight im just trying to figure out how much i put in it. The front is 1 3/4 qt n idk the ring gears for the back. I havent had a chance to give it a look but i work at autozone and found out some of what i need. So i figured id ask and see if anyone knows off hand.

2nd question is has anyone use motorkote? My dad told me about this stuff n said semi drivers use it in there trucks n its supposed to be godly lol. You can use it in oil, transfer case, crank case, differential, power steering, n transmissions. Its a friction reducer and i was kinda asking for reviews. I bought it but i could bring it back if it sounds terrible. I was just wondering if anyone used it. Thanks!
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 1000 Posts

If you search the site, you will find 2 answers to your 1st question.
    - fill until the lub runs out the fill hole
    - fill until you can touch/feel it with your baby finger when you stick it into the hole. (this is the one I use).

Your owner's manual should help you out.
  3. packerhead78

packerhead78 New Member

Yea i figured the baby finger one. I think thats what im gonna do. N when i bought the truck it didnt have a manual. I work at autozone but those bastards are 27 bucks lol. Ill probably do the babyfinger thing. Thanks man! You no anything bout motorkote? Supposed to be fantastic
  4. RayVoy

You might find a copy on line, try google.

I'm not a fan of additives, so I don't know about Motorkote. My 2 cents, are, use a good synthetic oil and you should be good to go.
  5. packerhead78

packerhead78 New Member

Its not supposed to be an additive. Its like a friction fighter. You gotta see the testing on it. Its impressive lol
  6. RayVoy

If you add it to the oil in the crankcase, imho, it's an additive. I still say, use a good quality synthetic oil and you won't need "additives".
  7. packerhead78

packerhead78 New Member

Yea true. I figured id give er a shot tho. Couldn't hurt right? Lol