1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

20 inch wheels on stock Z71

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by PaUltraBob, Dec 30, 2011.

1. medicmatt

medicmatt Member 100 Posts

I can't comment on the Z71, but I've got an 08 Silverado 4x4 with the stock 20's on it. No problems at all.
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Peter mentions the ride quality of a stiffer suspension and bigger wheels/tires would be of concern to many truck owners.
    Almost every set of 20" tires made have a lot less sidewall than any other size tires, unless your running low profile tires, this lack of sidewall equates to ride quality, low profile tires suffer from less sidewall flex than normal size tires and this makes their ride stiffer.
    This was a common knowledge issue years ago that if you went to low profile the ride quality got worse, new tire technology and softer suspensions have made this less of a problem than it used to be but the problem still exists.
    Most people arent aware of the fact that tires are a part of the suspension that determines ride quality.
  3. serg

serg Member

they will fit just need less sidewall my 2011 avalanche is running 275/65/20 non Z71 and the only thing I did was a 2.5" leveling kit