20 MPG Highway YESSS.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by finalday7, Mar 23, 2008.

1. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Hey guys. Just got back from florida and took my truck on its first little roadtrip. I make sure to fill the tank before I left and I clocked in an amazing 20mpg on the road trip. This is a HUGE improvement over my like 14 I get in the city. Well just thought I'd share my good news. :great:

2. optimus_prime0787

optimus_prime0787 New Member

wow...congrats on that. how are you liking that programmer?? im thinking of a wait4me tune, but im trying to research as much as possible

my 4.3 5spd only get about 21 on the highway *groans* of course that is going through the mountains of VA and WV, so i guess i cant complain too much

3. finalday7

I really like my Programmer. I got about 3 mpg increase city and quite a bit more power. I just like being able to change things on my own and at my free will. Things like top speed limiter, gears, tire sizes and things like that. If I was builing a race truck or muscle truck, I'd probly go custom tune but as this is my daily driver i'm totally satisfied with my Hypertech Max Energy Programmer.

4. RatRod

RatRod Rockstar 100 Posts

That is great mileage. Is your truck broke in yet? I will have to wait for a Hypertech as they havent made one available for the 4.3 V6.

5. finalday7

Yeah it's broken in. I've got about 12000 miles on it.