1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

20" wheels with 35" tires on 2004 Silverado 2500HD // Question

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by Shadowness, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Shadowness

Shadowness New Member

Hey everyone,

New here to the forums (and trucks), so I'm just trying to figure out some things about my truck before I start going off and buying all these upgrades and expensive things I'm looking at.

I just bought a 2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD and I'll be lifting it 6" with the Fabtech RTS suspension system and I'm trying to figure out exactly what wheel size I need to buy. I've been trying to figure it out on my own but I still get a little confused with all the backspacing and offset measurements that Fabtech recommends, etc. I'm looking into getting a 20" wheel with 35" tires, and on Fabtech's site for the lift kit I'll be buying, it recommends to "Use 35/12.50R20 tires w/ 20x8.5 wheels w/ 4 3/4” BS w/ minor trimming"... however, the wheel that I want to buy only comes in 20x9.

So, what I'm really trying to figure out is should I buy the 20x9 wheels with a -0 offset and 5" of backspace? Or the 20x9 wheel with the -12 offset and 4.5" of backspace?

I don't really want the tires to stick out very much from the fender well, but at the same time I realize that there's clearance issues from within the fender well that I have to be aware of to prevent major rubbing. From everyone's experience here, what would you recommend?

Thanks for any help, I'd really appreciate it.

-Bryan