Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

200 Classic GM cars from a dealership unearthed in Nebraska

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by mark0006, Aug 8, 2014.

1. mark0006

mark0006 New Member

How could all these cars be hidden away all this time?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

from the article:
    Unlike the Lambrecht collection, the Bullock Chevrolet dealership from Grant, Nebraska, doesn’t have any unsold and never driven cars in its premises, but it does have approximately 200 old vehicles worth checking out, plus a huge amount of parts.

76 pictures and full article

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Lambrecht, locals know the collection exists, most vehicles in the collection on their own arent considered extremely collectable, and persons outside of the family dont know the true extent and condition on the vehicles.
    I know of at least 5 collections that the owner, all in their 70's, wont sell because their convinced some day they will rebuild all the vehicles.
    Purchasing individual vehicles from collections like this can be impossible, most times it takes a serious issue like sudden loss of wealth or realization wealth is dwindling, or health issues for these collections to be seen and offered to the public.
    Im willing to bet theres close to a 1000 collections of this type out there waiting to be discovered, saddly some of the vehicles will be beyond help by time the collections are made available.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow. Sure would be fun to restore some of those.

4. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Dang, it's times like this that make me wish I had some cash stashed away. I'd take a couple days off work, fly up there and snag one or two of those.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Ive been watching some auction blogs and it appears these vehicles will do like the Lambrecht auction and bring top dollar, which means out of the price range for regular auto enthusiasts.

6. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Forget that! I feel like they would be so much more valuable to me in there present condition. Not to mention the cool factor