1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 4.8 silverado intermitent miss at start up stops if its shut off and restarted

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by bronx boy, Jul 11, 2011.

1. bronx boy

bronx boy Rockstar

i have a 2000 silverado with 9700 miles on it thats correct 9700 miles 4.8 auto a few weeks ago went to store came out started truck bad miss like a plug wire was off then shut it off restarted it and it was perfect then a few days ago same thing and today same thing when it is restarted its smooth any suguestions where to look or start im stumped all stock original everything like i said 9700 miles on it i got it with 8400 miles on it last thanksgiving from my friend it just sat around his yard for ten years
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I would have the Trucks Computer Scan, just to be sure no Trouble Codes are Stored.....if no Codes you could look at the Following,

.....Check the Fuel Pressure
    .....A Set of Plugs and Wires....for Plugs A/C Delco Iridium Tip Spark Plugs, for Wires either Factory/OEM(A/C Delco) or Aftermarket Wires
    .....Cleaning of the MAF Sensor.....and used only!!....CRC MAF Cleaner(Pictured Below)
    ....Cleaning of the Throttle Body and Injectors
    ....New Air and Fuel Filter's...If needed

CRC MAF Cleaner

[​IMG]

3. bronx boy

bronx boy Rockstar

being that its intermitant like this im leaning toward electrical its bad / then good if it were fuel i would think it would be bad all the time