1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 4L60E Performance Mods..Wow!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Velocity1, Oct 30, 2009.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Velocity1

Velocity1 New Member

:great::great:Following the advice and guidance I got from the guys here on the site, I ordered the Oregon Performance Trans. 1-2, 3-4 apply servos, and Trans-Go shift kit. Had it all installed by my local trans shop I've been using for over 30 years. All I can say is Wow! What a difference. Running stock trim, (No Diablo tune as I wanted to see what improvements were made over stock), this thing is night and day better than it was. The technician found an accumulator spring broken in 3 pieces, otherwise the trans was in excellent condition. Its' always been serviced at 15k intervals. It absolutely storms to 5600 rpm in drive, 1-2, 2-3 and will kickdown into first gear at 20 mph. 3rd and OD are shifts are pronounced and quick. Had no idea this transmission tune would have such a positive impact on performance. Getting ready to put the DT back in. Can't wait to try it. I'd recommend this trans mod to anyone considering it!! Feels like a Hot Rod..

Thanks again to all who provided the advice.

V1
  2. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Glad to hear that your mods worked.
    Ok, you hooked me. Now I gotta go search for the post. :glasses:
  3. sc99z71

sc99z71 New Member 100 Posts

Totally agree.....had the TransGo shift kit in mine for about 5 months now and love it! The truck feels stronger than it ever has! I cant wait to feel what its like towing the camper.