2000 4L60E Performance Mods..Wow!

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by Velocity1, Oct 30, 2009.

1. Velocity1

Velocity1 Rockstar

:great::great:Following the advice and guidance I got from the guys here on the site, I ordered the Oregon Performance Trans. 1-2, 3-4 apply servos, and Trans-Go shift kit. Had it all installed by my local trans shop I've been using for over 30 years. All I can say is Wow! What a difference. Running stock trim, (No Diablo tune as I wanted to see what improvements were made over stock), this thing is night and day better than it was. The technician found an accumulator spring broken in 3 pieces, otherwise the trans was in excellent condition. Its' always been serviced at 15k intervals. It absolutely storms to 5600 rpm in drive, 1-2, 2-3 and will kickdown into first gear at 20 mph. 3rd and OD are shifts are pronounced and quick. Had no idea this transmission tune would have such a positive impact on performance. Getting ready to put the DT back in. Can't wait to try it. I'd recommend this trans mod to anyone considering it!! Feels like a Hot Rod..

Thanks again to all who provided the advice.

V1

2. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Glad to hear that your mods worked.
    Ok, you hooked me. Now I gotta go search for the post. :glasses:

3. sc99z71

sc99z71 Rockstar 100 Posts

Totally agree.....had the TransGo shift kit in mine for about 5 months now and love it! The truck feels stronger than it ever has! I cant wait to feel what its like towing the camper.