1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 Chevrolet Suburban 1500 2 wheel drive / Vent Valve and Fuel pump problem

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by charlieetzel127, Aug 20, 2010.

1. charlieetzel127

charlieetzel127 New Member

Can someone tell me where the EVAP vent valve is located and the cheapest place to buy one, plan on replacing this and the fuel pump that has failed and the dealer wanted 900.00 to fix.

After performing diagnostics on the vehicle this is what they told me needs to be replaced.
    Thanks,

Charlie
  2. MightyMax

MightyMax Rockstar 100 Posts

That might be 1 of the 3 lines that runs from your fuel tank (sending unit) up to the engine compartment.
    2 should be for the Fuel Send and Return lines, and the third I believe is the vent.

If it is one of those 3 lines, you have to drop the tank to get to it.

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

The EVAP Canister is/might be located near the fuel tank.....requiring jacking the truck to get to it.
    Should be held in place by some brackets.

If that is your problem, it should be an easy job to do yourself.

May be an expensive part, thus the $900.00 quote.