1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2000 Chevy Silverado 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by rsinger23, Dec 8, 2011.

1. rsinger23

rsinger23 New Member

Hey guys,

I am looking to buy a 2000 Chevy silverado 1500 ext. cab 4wd. How reliable is this year? It has 90k miles and the guy is asking $9500.00.

-Richard

2. BReeves

BReeves New Member

I just bought a 2000 regular cab long bed 4x4 for $2600.00 with 258,000 on the clock and it still runs great. All I had to do to it was new tires and fix the U-joints Have heard that 300,000+ isn't a problem with regular maint. That seems a little high for a 2000 but I am in Oklahoma, my truck with that mileage could be bought here for 5k.

3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Richard,
    The 99" to 07" Silverado's/Sierra's are a Solid pick-up truck, with that being said they do have some issue's just like any other Vehicle, and some of the those Issue's and/or Concern's.....to name a few are,
    .....Front Wheel Hub Bearing's
    .....Blower Motor Resistor's
    .....The Stepper Motor's for the Gauge's

I would ask the owner for any maintenance records, which will give you some idea on how the truck has been cared for over the years, if the truck has been taken over the years, 90,000 miles is not a whole lot of miles, meaning it still has a lot of good years of service left in it,

What other features does the truck have like......What Engine....Gears....etc.....also does the truck have any type of Aftermarket Parts installed......Lift....Wheels/tires etc......and/or Performance Mods??

Blue Book Private Party price on the truck.....without knowing what features it has is
    roughly around......$10,000 in Excellent Condition to 8,800 in Fair Condition......of course these prices all depend on where you live.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2011
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 3 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

The price is high for my location. Here you can get an 02 ext cab 4x4, loaded, with about 100k for around 9000

5. rsinger23

rsinger23 New Member

It has the 5.3L V8. Completely Stock.

6. chevybulldog6

chevybulldog6 Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

That is a solid truck. I had a 2000 Z71 extended cab and sold it 6 years ago to get my 2005 NBS. I had it for 5 years and the only thing I had to do other than routine maint was change a u-joint.

7. rmck490

rmck490 New Member

I bought my 2000 Silvy three years ago for $7,500 with 95k miles. Problems I've had are:

Replace fuel level sensor and wiring harness
    Replace 4WD switch
    Replace MAF sensor
    Replace MAP sensor
    Replace Knock sensors
    Replace O2 sensors
    Replace catalytic converters
    Replace EVAP vent valve
    Replace PCM
    Replace transmission solenoids and wiring harness

Despite all this, I am completely satisfied with the purchase. For me these things were minor since I like working on cars and trucks. These problems can be expected with the age and mileage of the truck.

My mods include a K&N cold air intake, a corvette servo, a tranny shift kit, and a custom tune. She runs like a beast now.

8. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I had a 2000 LS extended cab that I drove up to 290,000 and when I got rid of it it still ran perfect and looked great. I got a newer one with fewer miles because I go out of state allot. My new one had 70,000 when I bought it and now has about 120,000 and no problems. It is a 2002 LS extended cab. These are great trucks and if you don't race them all the time or abuse them allot you can get 300,000 easy. I know of people with this same truck and they have over 500,000 on them and they are still going strong. Great trucks!!!!!

9. rsinger23

rsinger23 New Member

Thanks everyone for the input.