1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2000 GMC 4.8L Codes PO300 & PO351,2,3,4,5,6,7,8!!!!

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by fishdoktor, Jun 13, 2013.

1. fishdoktor

fishdoktor New Member

New here, Hi to all. I've replaced the following with no luck.....coils, wires, plugs, fuel pressure regulator. Fuel pump press at the sending unit is 60+ lbs. Don't have a tester for the fuel rail yet. Motor starts right up but has a miss, checked all plugs with a ign tester, all fire the same. Sprayed ether on the intake manifold....no change. EGR seems to be free. Unplugged MAF.no chqange. Seafoam in tank...nothing either. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance, Mitch.

2. fishdoktor

fishdoktor New Member

Fuel pressure @ the fuel rail is 46 at idle and 55 with the hose off of the fuel press regulator( which is new NAPA). Injectors measuring 12.8 Ohms.

3. nonnieselman

nonnieselman Member 1 Year

P0351-p0358 is the coil packs code.. so it could be a bad ground wire.

4. fishdoktor

fishdoktor New Member

Finally fixed the missfire......INJECTORS! Now when ever I start the truck after about 2 minutes CEL is on and 0351-8 is the code. Truck doesn't even have to be running. I clear the code, shut it off..turn the key on several times leave it on a few seconds and there it is....0351-8. Would the truck still run OK with a bad ground? Thanks.