1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 GMC ABS Module

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by iPublicEnemy47, Jun 19, 2009.

1. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 New Member

Ok so my ABS light turns on for no apperant reason sometimes. So I looked it up online to see if this was a recall or not. Apperantly there was a recall on the truck that has something to with abs :neutral:. I also found out that the ABS module on this year has some serious problems... Its estimated at $856 to fix...

anyone got this same problem?

Should I call the dealer and try saying its part of recall or what should I do?
  2. Bikeman

Bikeman New Member

probably a bad wheelspeed sensor, need to check codes in the abs module to see whats setting the light.

There where 3 recalls relating to abs on your model year truck, if you call your dealer, they should be able to look up and see if they are still open. If you pm me the last 8 digits of your vin# number I can look it up. Though that doe'nt mean that you don't have a different problem all together.
  3. Jimmiee

Jimmiee New Member 1000 Posts

Ditto on the wheel speed sensor. Usually when a module goes bad you get no lights. The ABS light is telling you the module is doing it's job. Get it scanned.
  4. iPublicEnemy47

iPublicEnemy47 New Member

ok all my vin and pm you..