Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2000 GMC Sierra Towing Questions

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by eugene954, Mar 13, 2011.

1. eugene954

eugene954 New Member

Hi all,

I am new here and have a few questions. I have a 2000 GMC Sierra with a 5.3l 2WD. I lifted it 7" and have 33" tires on it. The thing is a DOG. I am looking to purchase a 21'-24' toy hauler which weigh around 5-7K lbs. Is there anything I can do to the tranny and rear end to make it tow better and give it a little more pep? Truck has 190K on the original motor and trans, stock rear end. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. eugene954

eugene954 New Member

MY truck is bone stock except for the lift. I figured the Trans wouldnt hold up so I was curious what I could do to the trans and rear end to help it pull the trailer. I live in Southern California so towing the trailer would be min of 150 miles one way to where I am going to go riding and camping.

3. eugene954

eugene954 New Member

Would be pulling a small 21ft toyhauler with a couple bikes in it. Maybe 7,000-8,000 lbs?

Weight looks like 6200LBS

As far as the glove box numbers the only numbers that have letters in them starts with 1GTEC

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

Model C15753