2000 gmc upgrade

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by crossleysierra, Feb 23, 2010.

1. crossleysierra

crossleysierra New Member

does any one have an interchange book i want to install new wheel bearing assembly from a K2500 into my K1500 other than needing new rims is there anything else i need to be aware of thanks

Last edited: Feb 24, 2010
  2. Silverado Junkie

Silverado Junkie Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

Look at an LMC catalog. They have detailed diagrams of anything youd need and you wont necissarily have to get new wheels, there are companies that make adaptors that allow you to put a six lug wheel on an eight lug hub and the other way around. And there are other combinations too.

3. Stealth

Stealth Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

X2 on LMC. And it you're looking for adapters Spidertrax is an excellent source.

4. Jacqson

Jacqson Rockstar 100 Posts

IIRC, I don't think you can put an 8 lug hub assembly on a 6 lug Spindle/Knuckle.

5. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Like Jacqson said that square block wont fit in the round hole.
    Theres so many differences in the front suspension assemblys of the K1500 and K2500 that very few parts if any will cross over.
    Besides a 2500 hub and bearing assembly wont increase weight capacity on your 1500 series truck, the only advantage if you could do it would be a slightly larger bearing surface, but since you already more than likely got a lot of miles out of the OEM bearing why would you want to spend all the money it would take to fit the parts just for slightly larger bearings that will last probably just as long.