2000 s10 computer fuse goes bad

Discussion in 'Chevy S10 Forum (GMC Sonoma)' started by KrushemK, Feb 14, 2014.

1. KrushemK

KrushemK New Member

Hello. I have a 2000 s10 pick up with the small engine and it is 2 wheel drive. Currently my truck doesn't start because a fuse goes bad once it is replaced. Has anyone seen this before? I have taken it to 2 shops so far and none have been able to fix my truck. One was a dealership. they told me my sparker computer was bad and replaced it and a few other parts. it still doesn't start and they wanted to replace something inside my truck and switch for a thousand dollars!! they also told me that they are not sure and they would be removing the possibility of that being it.

thank you for reading and hopefully helping.

Katrina.

2. 01sonoma54

01sonoma54 New Member

I have a 2001 with the 2.2L and had a simillar problem. I replaced the stock exhaust manifold with a header and i had some wire that were to close to the header and once they got hot i popped my ecm fuse. I relocated the wires and i have not had any more issues with the fuses.

3. KrushemK

KrushemK New Member

the exhaust manifold is the hot side of the engine? where I put the oil in? I will check it tonight. I will stop at the dollar store and get a box of fuses again first.thank you!!

Katrina

4. 01sonoma54

01sonoma54 New Member

Yes it is the hot side of the engine and it takes a mini 15 fuse

5. KrushemK

KrushemK New Member

That is the fuse that my truck doesn't like!! I tried to move around the wires but it still doesn't like the fuse. You can here it make a pop noise too.

Thanks so much for the help so far. Today I heard of a car electronic guy across the bay here in Alabama that has a bunch of trucks like mine that supposedly can fix anything on any car. I will find out more about it Monday:) maybe he will fix it? maybe the man at the repair shop was trying to get rid of me? I will keep you updated.

6. KrushemK

KrushemK New Member

I am having it towed to Mobile Alabama today. I talked to the guy yesterday. He said he guarantees he can fix it it's still a little over a hour away but he told me its $100 to tell me what exactly is wrong with it and then he goes from there if I want to fix it or not.I hope it isn't that bad as the dealer said.