2000 Savanah Van cranks but won't start

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by SuperMatt, Jul 11, 2009.

1. SuperMatt

SuperMatt New Member

Hello. I am the sad owner of a 2000 Savanah Conversion van. It has the Vortec 5.7 liter motor with 80,000 miles on it. lately i have been having problem after problem with it. Most recently we all got in the van to head to 7-11 for slurpees and it cranked over and started for a fraction of a second but quickly died. i tried over and over to start it but it would not start. i put my code reader on it and it is throwing one code. P1626. the description states A/C circuit open to power B+ (VLCM) i tried disconecting the battery for 30 mins to re-set the pcm with no luck. i also checked fuses and relays and found no issues. I researched the code on-line and am a bit confused because there was one site the explained on ford vehicles the p1626 is the a/c circuit but on gm vehicles it means there is an issue with the security system. i didnt even know this vehicle had security on it. anyways i had a spare pcm i picked up from a salvage yard a while back so i swapped it out today but still i have the same problem.... the van wont start!!! anyone have any eperience with this??

thanks

matt

2. bill190

bill190 Rockstar 100 Posts

That code would be for the vehicle theft deterrent or passlock system.

When you use your key to start the vehicle, the key switch sends a code to the "passlock module". Then that module sends a "password" to the vehicle control module, and this allows the fuel injectors to operate. (As opposed to not using a key to start the vehicle.)

Look in your owner's manual for vehicle theft deterrent or theft deterrent.

3. SuperMatt

SuperMatt New Member

Vehicle is in the shop now. the Passlock module is dead and needs to be replaced!!