1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 silverado 4.3 check engine light.

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rvaddict, Nov 17, 2008.

1. rvaddict

rvaddict New Member

Hi,
    I have a 2000 silverado 4.3L automatic. I have been having trouble with the service engine soon light. If I drive the truck at a "normal" pace it never comes on. (Hasn't in months) Today however, I got on it a little and it started flashing, then came on steady. If you get on it again, it will start flashing again, then go steady again. I have had it on a computer before and it said "random cylinder misfire" I changed the distributor cap / button because I know this model truck is bad about ruining the cap/button. The engine does not seem to be missing anywhere in the rpm range. It runs good, but I can't figure this light thing out. Can anybody help me out?

BTW, this is my first post here.
  2. CoolBlueSS

CoolBlueSS Rockstar

Could be bad wires/plugs.
  3. rvaddict

rvaddict New Member

DOH! I forgot to mention I have allready changed the plugs and wires. I need to double check the connections on the plugwires/cap. I had the code read just now and it was missfire on cyl 2 this time.

Thanks!
  4. JMoney02

JMoney02 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Yep, make sure when you connect they have that "Click" sound or feel, one off and the CEL will detect the slighest on the "Misfire" code.

Jeff