1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 silverado parking light help!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Z71FTW, Oct 21, 2013.

1. Z71FTW

Z71FTW Rockstar

okay so when looking at the parking lights there is three bulbs...I think... the one closest to the grill doesn't come on with any of the switches I turn on I have no idea what it does I see a light bulb in there but don't know what the light bulb is called so I can replace it if it is fried. if anyone can help please let me know thanks
  2. j cat

j cat Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

since your not into opening this up to see whats wrong bring it to the local service repair . they will replace the bulbs for few extra bucks...
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I believe the bulb closest to the grill is the one for the DRL. It will only come on with the truck in gear and no parking brake on. To check have someone you trust stay in the cab and put the truck in gear and step on the brakes and remove the parking brake to see if it turns on.
  4. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

^^^^^this should be your answer
  5. Geister

Geister Rockstar

Do this, or park close to your garage door or something and look for a light to come on ^^
  6. jjsams21

jjsams21 New Member

Only during the daytime!!
  7. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

don't start it. just turn the key forward, put it in gear. They should come on. I check mine like that all the time.