2000 Silverado stuck on heat

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by rduz, Nov 2, 2010.

1. rduz

rduz New Member

Hi,

Uh-oh. Last night on a 50 mile trip, with the outside temp hovering in the mid-30's I noticed I was getting very hot. I turned the controls over to vent and still got nothing but hot air. Checked and double checked. Also, tried with the A/C button on and off, as well as the recirculate button. Nothing. Just getting heat. Checked it again this morning, definitely something wrong.

Truck has 140K and little things like this are starting to go wrong. Is this a common problem for a Silverado? Any ideas on what to look at first?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Rich

2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

From what you have mentioned ......it's likely a Bad HVAC Temp Actuator....To Check & Test You'll need a voltmeter,to see if the command is getting to the Actuator.

3. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

x2. I've heard of a lot of other guys around the club who have had that problem.

4. rduz

rduz New Member

Thanks for the info. I've got a voltmeter and I know how to use it, but I don't know where the Temp Acutator is located, nor the proper test procedure. Pointers, please?

Thank you.

Regards,
    Rich