2000 sub 2500 plug and wire recommendations

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by skongolf, Jan 29, 2012.

1. skongolf

skongolf New Member

I have a 2000 2500 4x4 with about 190k miles on it which I bought used 2 years ago. Lately it has started idling rough and I thought I would change out the plugs and wires since I am not sure when they were last done. Just curious what brand you guys might recommend. I do a little towing and it is a daily driver so MPg is a concern. Also, before I even attempt to do it, any tips on how to get the passenger side rear plug out. Looks like a beast to get out. Thanks

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'd go with the factory, they normally last a long time.
    Just dont buy them from the dealer, they like to over charge.

3. Boonduff

Boonduff Member 3 Years 100 Posts

AC Delco plugs and wires

4. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

AC Platinum plugs, and wires (take your pick) I personally would start with a cap and rotor (pull the #1 plug just to see what kind of shape they are in) but the Vortec motors are notorious for eating caps and rotors. As to that back plug i actually have a special ujoint plug socket that i use for them.

And one last question What motor is it? the K2500 came with a variety of motors, but im thinking you have the 350.

And you are concerned with milage, jsut put in the factory stuff, and remember it is a 3ton truck, 15mpg is the max you can expect out of a K2500.