2000 sub 2500 plug and wire recommendations

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by skongolf, Jan 29, 2012.

Newest Photos

1. skongolf

skongolf New Member

I have a 2000 2500 4x4 with about 190k miles on it which I bought used 2 years ago. Lately it has started idling rough and I thought I would change out the plugs and wires since I am not sure when they were last done. Just curious what brand you guys might recommend. I do a little towing and it is a daily driver so MPg is a concern. Also, before I even attempt to do it, any tips on how to get the passenger side rear plug out. Looks like a beast to get out. Thanks
  2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I'd go with the factory, they normally last a long time.
    Just dont buy them from the dealer, they like to over charge.
  3. Boonduff

Boonduff New Member 100 Posts

AC Delco plugs and wires
  4. murdog94

murdog94 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

AC Platinum plugs, and wires (take your pick) I personally would start with a cap and rotor (pull the #1 plug just to see what kind of shape they are in) but the Vortec motors are notorious for eating caps and rotors. As to that back plug i actually have a special ujoint plug socket that i use for them.

And one last question What motor is it? the K2500 came with a variety of motors, but im thinking you have the 350.

And you are concerned with milage, jsut put in the factory stuff, and remember it is a 3ton truck, 15mpg is the max you can expect out of a K2500.