2000 Suburban 2500 Battery Cables

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by silvercat19, Dec 9, 2009.

1. silvercat19

silvercat19 New Member

I went to a couple local parts stores and found they did not have any battery cables. Can anyone give me a source other than the dealer assuming it will be the correct cables, good quality and reasonable price.

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Find a local welding supply shop and buy welding cable in black and red, about $1.75ft, thimbles, and bolt on battery connectors. Shouldnt cost more than $40 for everything.
    You'll need to know the length, measure your old ones and add a few inches.
    And type battery connectors you have.
    Bolt the battery connectors on and crimp the thimbles in place.
    You can tin the ends before assembling for an even better job but its not absolutely neccessary.

3. silvercat19

silvercat19 New Member

That sounds like a good idea but I don't have that luxury. The truck is not here and I need to fly in and get it going for my son at school so that is too much work for the time I have. Does anyone sell them? They must be fairly pricey at the dealer to do all the welding cable work.

4. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Yea they can run a little pricy depending on the dealer and their mark-up.
    They can be found a little cheaper at auto parts stores also.
    GMPartsClub is a member on here and can probably get you the best price for an OEM set.

5. vncj96

vncj96 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just get them ordered through GMparts on this site and have them set to the dealership at your sons school.