1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

2000 Suburban 2500 Tranny cooler reading hot when towing

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by skongolf, Mar 25, 2013.

1. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

As mentioned above by jcat, I used a Tube Cutter, which made a Clean Cut, and then installed the Compression fitting, no extra Hard-line hose is needed.....after Cutting the hard-line, I used a couple of Q-tips, at both ends of where the cut was made, to remove any small metal shavings.........regarding the mounting of the Cooler, it comes with Universal Mount Brackets, with these brackets, there is some fab work that needs to be done,

Instead I when with EAD Performance "Mounting Bracket Kit" which is made for the 40K Cooler, and it comes with Upper and Lower Brackets and the Bolts and Hardware, the Brass Compression Fitting, and 2 Inverted Flair Fittings....the 40K bolts right-up to the mounting points, where the Factory Cooler was Mounted.......This Mounting Kit makes the Install A Snap!!! and When Done installing the 40K Cooler, it looks like a Factory Setup.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  2. skongolf

skongolf New Member

I called the company that sells the Tranny cooler and asked them about the EAD Performance mounting kit and they didn't know what I was talking about. Where did you order the bracket from?
  3. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

The EAD Mounting Bracket Kit, to mount the 40K Transmission Cooler.....it does not come with Cooler,

EAD Performance is the Company, that Makes and Sells, the mounting brackets for the 40K Transmission Cooler, it also Includes, the 2-inverted Flair Fittings and the Brass Compression Fitting.
  4. Waterdawg

Waterdawg New Member

Skongolf,

I just installed my new 40k trans cooler in our 2000 Chevy Suburban 2500 3/4 ton 2wd 10,000lb boat hauler w/200,000mi and saw my typical temps go down from 200* to 150*(in stop and go cross-town traffic no less). Didn't opt for the mounting bracket, merely used the hardware that came with the kit. Didn't opt for the Napa fittings either, just used the supplied hose and clamps. I'm so pleased with how easily it went in and how well it worked that I'll probably pull the grill and quickly do the hard fitting install.

It was a breeze to install, fit behind the grill perfectly and is just what my trans needed. Best money I've spent in a long time.

Thanks for the original post and followup "99Heartbeat". My transmission and I are infinitely grateful. Mike