2000 Suburban bearing noise

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by tickla71, Mar 31, 2008.

1. tickla71

tickla71 New Member

Ive checked everything and I cant seem to find this noise coming from under my hood while running. It sounds like a bearing going bad, I was wondering if anyone on here had a similiar problem. Also, this sea foam stuff....what is it. Im confused about the method of use. In the gas tank, crankcase, or throttle body? If throttle body how do you get it in there? Thanks......

2. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Clarify: Is this bearing noise under the hood present at idle, or only while moving? Does the noise appear to be related to engine speed or vehicle speed?

3. tickla71

tickla71 New Member

its when the truck is idleing, I cant hear it when Im driving. I just dont want to start replacing the starter, compressor, and so forth and so on. Also, its actually been getting worse as of late.

4. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sea Foam

I've used Sea Foam when I had problems with the way the engine was running (slight miss, cutting out, etc.). I put it in the fuel tank and it worked for me. I think I got some "bad" gasoline and the additive seemed to take care of the problem. A lot of people will use it to clean the TB. You have to pull a vac. line off and suck it through the TB. There is a "how to" I've read about how to do this, but I don't remember where it was. You can probably do some "searching" and find it. Good luck!

5. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Can you poke around with a stethoscope (or a long screwdriver or wrench or something) to isolate where the noise is coming from? That's what I'd do.