Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

2000 Suburban Fuel Pump(s)

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by hollywood72, Feb 23, 2009.

1. hollywood72

hollywood72 New Member

2000 Suburban 2500 6.0 has 2 fuel tanks, does it also have 2 pumps? Will start up, but when I put it into gear it dies.

Any advice is much appreciated.

2. Springthing

Springthing Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Have you checked fuel pressure at all? I have no idea about the two fuel pumps - hopefully someone here will be able to help you.

3. bzboardco

bzboardco Rockstar 100 Posts

Not sure either on the fuel pumps....Take some carburetor cleaner and spray around the intake manifold. if the rpm's go up you have a leak A vacuum leak may cause this :neutral:

4. hollywood72

hollywood72 New Member

I got nothing when I checked fuel pressure. I did jump a couple wires and got the rear pump to sound. I'm guessing that the front pump is shot. I can't complain as this has been an awesome vehicle.

All this time I thought there was one large tank and after talking to others, so did they. I can't complain as this has been an awesome vehicle.